All sports fans out there, Rio 2016 will take you closer to the action, turning athletes and fans into content producers and transforming the experience of watching the Games with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
Besides enabling new levels of interaction with athletes, social media companies are discovering, that their users value above all real-time content and live video. “Snapchat will give users an insider’s peek into the feeling and the atmosphere of being in Rio de Janeiro,” Ian Francis, social media producer at Rio 2016. (Article by Jonathan Powell, Olympic News )
Although video content on social media is growing rapidly, television continues to be the technology of choice for watching the Games live. In total, more than 3.5 billion people are expected to tune in to watch the Rio 2016 Olympic Games on television, making the Games one of the most widely shared live experiences in history.
Operators, are you ready to be a part of that history?
According to market research firm Global Web Index, 85 % of Olympic Games television viewers with online access will use a smartphone or tablet device to feed their appetites for deeper insights, data analysis, shared opinions and access to behind-the-scenes action.
Operators, have you consider how will you take over that 85% of the viewers during the Games? What we suggest is, that you offer best TV experience during and after the Olympics Games. If you are not sure how to allure new viewers, this are our proposals:
- Offer Live TV sport channels any time, everywhere and on any device with Beenius Everywhere Collection;
- Enhance your existing IPTV package with OTT services for upgraded viewer experience;
- For cable providers we have the answer in form of Beenius Hybrid DVB-C + OTT;
- If you are looking for a flexible, scalable, and cost-effective method to deliver high-quality content in a multiscreen environment we offer you Cloud TV as a Service – Nuboly;
- Contact Beenius representative for a tailored turnkey solution that will lower your churn rate and attract new viewers with Beenius TV Platform during the Games as well;