Color psychology is the science of how color affects human behavior.
There are key facts in color theory that are indisputable. In a journal article by Satyendra Singh it is stated that it takes a mere 90 seconds for a customer to form an opinion about a product. Even more, 62-90% of that interaction is determined by the color of the product alone. Color is critical. A product’s success depends upon how people, and your customer, consider how to use the specific color. Color is also a very tricky thing. You have to use it in the right way at the right time, with the right audience, and for the right purpose.
According to Color experts from the Color Marketing Group:
- Color increases brand recognition by up to 80%.
- Color improves readership as much as 40%.
- Color accelerates learning from 55 to 78%.
- Color increases comprehension by 73%.
- Color ads are read up to 42% more than similar ads in black and white.
- Color can be up to 85% of the reason people decide to buy.
There are several studies advising using color tips that will prove conversions. According to article written by Jeremy Smith, “How to Use the Psychology of Color to Increase Website Conversions” we have learned that:
- 35% of women said blue was their favorite color, followed by purple (23%), and green (14%).
- 33% of women confessed that orange was their least favorite color, followed by brown (33%), and gray (17%).
- Men don’t like purple, orange, and brown.
- Men prefer blue, green, and black
- Use blue in order to cultivate user’s trust.
- Yellow is a color of warning.
- Green is ideal for environmental and outdoor products.
- Orange helps to stimulate physical activity, competition, and confidence.
- Black represents elegance, sophistication and power.
- The highest-converting colors for calls to action are bright primary and secondary colors – red, green, orange, yellow.
Now that you have learned why selecting the right color is important, Beenius provides operators a simple way to customize the UI in Beenius’ client applications. Operators or service providers can have a customized design that goes with its brand. It is even possible to define colors, icons, logos, backgrounds, etc.
We offer two options of how an operator’s theme can be customized:
- Customization of a theme on the Beenius Linux Application
Customization of a theme means that several elements of the Beenius default UI are changed to fit a particular operator and his project. Changes are ordered by the operator, implemented by Beenius, and delivered back to the operator. A theme modification can be ordered for all Beenius’ client applications. Such a modification includes changes of logos, icons, colors, and background images.
- Customization of a theme on Beenius’ Android STB and second screen devices
To all operators and service providers with the Beenius Android STB Application, Beenius Android Mobile Application, Beenius IOS Mobile Application, Beenius Web Application, or Beenius Android BeeMarket Application we offer a web application which enables configuring UI themes.
An operator can configure fonts, icons, colors, modules, and EPG settings on his own application . A theme is first designed and then tested, and once a theme has been finished it is deployed to production servers. Theme customization gives operators a possibility to develop and deploy themes accessibly and quickly. Operators are able to change themes more often, for example to reflect season offers, holiday specials, or other occasions defined by operators marketing department.
If you would like to learn more about Beenius Theme Customization or see how easy is to customize Beenius interactive TV platform with your brand colors, contact a Beenius representative today.